View Single Post
Old 2021-07-05, 17:15   Link #65
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Finally got to watch it. I liked it, but they really didn't pack much into this movie. All of it was just build up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Kenneth seems like a decent guy, honestly, even if he's on the opposing side of our protagonist. Compared to Junichi Suwabe's other roles he's pretty refreshingly earnest and kind of sweet. He seems like someone driven by his instincts, for better or for worse, but isn't necesarilly sincere about them, but he's not a malicious or bad person. Really the only evil act he committed in the film was torturing Gawman, a prisoner, and using him as a hostage .
I liked him at first, but as the movie went on, he came across as more and more of an asshole, seeing Gigi as just a trophy, torturing prisoners, and not really caring about his men making the life of civilians hell.

The highlight of the movie, other than the gorgeous visuals, was probably Gigi. She's the kind of woman (girl? At some point someone mentions she looks underage) that is fascinating and incredibly seductive... as well as dangerous. She's the kind of character I love to watch, but if I ever met a girl like her I'd run away as far as I could. Oh, and there is no doubt she's fucking that old count, she pretty much spelled it to Kenneth. And this is Tomino, he doesn't shy away from stuff like that.