Thread: Elden Ring
View Single Post
Old 2021-06-16, 08:40   Link #11
Golden Lily

There's more and more info we learn about Elden Ring so I will just limit myself to the most interesting tidbits:

- the story takes place in the Lands Between which are divided into 6 sections, each one being domain of Demigod (main bosses), even if some of them aren't available from the start but there are a lot of different ways to approach each area, beside these 6 sections there's a wide variety of catacombs, castles and fortresses
- there's day/night system and dynamic weather, it's unknown if weather is going to change anything, but it's confirmed that some enemies are going to be more active and difficult depending on time of a day, some are even going to appear only day or night
- the protagonist, called Tarnished, is going to have much more mobility than Souls as they can jump, ride on horse and fall damage is reduced to encourage players in exploring the world
- the combat is going to be expanded even more upon, with far more "build" options, face-on combat is still a matter of course, but there are even alternative options such as summoning spirits of the deceased enemies and use them as allies
- there's a stamina bar, but it has less influence on the player than in Souls
- some weapons, spells and abilities can be purchased from NPCs, but most of them are hidden in the world
- skills return, but unlike previous games they aren't attributed to specific weapon but can be freely attached to a large variety of them, there's around 100 skills in total
- there's stealth - it's pretty basic, but player can crouch, hide in the long grass, sneak on the enemies and backstab them, it can also be used to bypass some area and approach the fights more strategically
- in terms of storytelling, Elden Ring will focus more on characters so it's going to be less abstract
- in terms of difficulty, it's less challenging than Bloodborne and Sekiro
- while Miyazaki said it's difficult to estimate time to finish the game (as in, reach one ending as once again there are multiple of them), but it takes around 30 hours to reach one ending (and that's limiting exploration to minimum and without side quests)
- swamps confirmed...

This honestly sounds like ideal game for me.
Golden Lily is offline   Reply With Quote