View Single Post
Old 2020-11-06, 03:31   Link #83
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Bili translators were treated pretty bad. IIRC, no formal contract, low pay, largely nationalistic kids just working part-time jobs. Jealous of overseas and JP fans not appreciating them etc. So ofc they jumped at the chance to join Bilibili's coup against Cover due to the resentment.

I don't know why Cover looked at such a bad management structure and decided it's fine, let's sign a contract with them, it won't come back to bite us
There is actually a brigading culture in China, and it's not just Bilibili but pretty much in all videos, celebrity, streaming services, etc... where groups of fans from another idols, streamers, etc.... went on and attacking another stream and the norm is that said attacked fanbase supposed to be attacking them back, some even go as far as having hiring what they call " internet water army" to attack another streamers. This is way more than just anti. And some of the big streaming company like to actually fan the flame, since during this attack, the view counts tend to rocket and people flocking on the flames platform more. This is very normal in China video site though. Some agency even hired the same water army to protect their talents in China by brigading back. So the anti culture is way worse over there as attacking is consider normal in the first place. Some bigger site is generally accused as fanning the flame so I was always skeptical of HololiveCN in the 1st place.

This is also not consider that this is a part of national company vs foreigner, and we know how touchy CHina is with the subject recently. Again, while I feel bad for the talents, I don't think Cover leaving CHina market is that bad, especially with the current climate.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote