View Single Post
Old 2020-11-01, 23:06   Link #76
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I think you are right that when it comes to idols or famous people, There will be extra scrutiny, and people will try to read deeper into a possible motive whenever they do something. And yes, sometimes there isn’t a motive.

Did Coco even make a political statement.She just read some statistics.
It was turned into a political statement when Cover agreed that it was a problem and suspended her.
That to me, was the real issue.

This has less to do with fan being zealots towards and idol, and more about some people being zealots towards a doctrine .

You are right that AquaÂ’s interactions from now on will be hyper analyzed by both sides, though. But that isnÂ’t a toxic idol thing, i think. It’s ’s a toxic culture wars thing
There is a big difference between "Aqua is a chicomm! What a two-face!" and "Aqua is a chicomm! I'M HURT! I'M BETRAYED! This is PERSONAL!" both are bile but one is actually physically dangerous to the VTuber. It's the kind that gives birth to stalkers and people intent on driving their targets to suicide. Doctrinal zealotry is bad enough but combined with man-child otaku thinking it become outright bad. You can't do anything about the former but you can at least not appeal to the latter in building your customer base

Without the physical danger it's all just noise and corporate fallout TBH

Quote:
The business model of these Vtubers are mainly through the "whales",
Which is very stupid