View Single Post
Old 2020-11-01, 02:07   Link #68
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I doubt Cover is malicious but they are flat out incompetent for sure.....Tying themselves to Bilibili? Encouraging the toxic idol culture among the fanbase instead of promoting a healthy atmosphere of enjoyment for talent and fans alike? All these issues they set up themselves.

Quote:
And now that Cover is alright with letting their CN girls keep their avatars/equipment as compensation? If I understand correctly, they're trying to do their best to do right for the girls even though they're probably not legally bound to. Yeah, nothing official yet, but I feel Cover could have TOTALLY screwed over these girls and still legally get away with, only for them to take the high road.
This was never true BTW. Only word was that they were allowed to go independent but without equipment IIRC, so they switch to whatever it is indie VTubers use which is honestly pretty good equipment these days

But then things happened and even the whole prospect of independence is now off the table so no one knows anything. Whole thing reeks of Bilibili trying to one-up Cover in a commercial coup and failing

And then now you have the shithead nationalist otaku from EN/JP/CN/HK communities worsening everything by doxxing and counter doxxing Coco and Artia and it works only because these people treat the girls as perfect fantasies and their possessions rather than actual people......Cover set themselves up for it by aiming at and cultivating this kind of customer base really

Quote:
On one hand, they pulled a Blizzard and had to bow down to mainland China about Taiwan. Felt bad about Coco/Haachama, and especially the CN girls who really got the hurt despite not doing themselves wrong and was just taking collateral damage.
It's not that simple. But mindless "fans" thinking in terms of black and white world views are doing all the damage for the ones who orchestrated this....If even just one side of the fandom would live and let live, then a good chunk of the harm done to the talents JP or CN, would evaporate and the competing companies would lose some of their power

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2020-11-01 at 02:20.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote