View Single Post
Old 2020-09-23, 08:39   Link #47
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
My only wish to XVI storyline is that whoever writer picked by Yoshi-P included good romance sub-plot in it.
A part of me still triggered by how Lunafreya and Noctis DLC cancelled for (obvious) development cost reason; and as someone played old FF it feels weird that romance has been moved into sideline since XII. Hopefully this one will be able to do it.

I wouldn't mind XVI going FFT in narrative but doing it XII way is a no for me because the myth behind it only became significant if you aim for 100% completion and read the bestiary (which I did, LOL) instead of being integral to the whole dynamics once basic politics covered (e.g. using zodiac stone as bargaining tools).
I would definitely love for them to go with a romance subplot. It was one of the things I enjoyed about the ps/ps2 era games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yeah, the sequels were indeed a lot better than the main installment. They improved pretty much every single aspects. I personally liked the gameplay, it was pretty dynamic.
While i hated the play style of 13, I had a much more enjoyable time of 13-2. It's more flexible and you don't have to worry about making small mistakes from time to time like with 13. Where a mistake could easily end a battle, even a small one. Now that i think of it, I never finished 13-3.