View Single Post
Old 2020-09-21, 11:19   Link #37
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
But, yeah, IX was extremely Old Europe in setting. Just with, ya know, furries....
And trains, steam-powered ships, robot factories and stuff.

I was never sold on IX, and I was unlucky enough to taste XIV during its boring years, but for what it's worth, I genuinely enjoyed XV and recognize the effort that went into XIII-2 and XIII-3, even if they're still bad games by my standards.

As for this one...it feels too much like an extension of XV, another noble guard and crystal powers story. Hopefully, we'll get a full story this time around, and not only the character development.

On the matter of the whole project: while I'm not actively following the scene, I believe that FFXIV has been the best MMO in the market for quite a few years now, and IIRC it has a subscription model and a healthy player base, meaning it's pretty profitable, so I doubt the team behind it would change their priorities for FFXVI. I'm more of the mind that the game will just generate hype like FFXIII did back in the day, and we only realized its mediocrity a few weeks after release - although I still hope this one is, at the very least, a fun game to play.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote