View Single Post
Old 2020-08-17, 10:54   Link #22
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
She broke with him before this, but the fact that this is even a problem to Cover shows that Hololive still has the flawed trappings of the idol industry.

I think that normally they would tell her to not leak the live2D again.

The fact that doxxing and a potential ex boyfriend being involved raised the stakes, so they took advantage of it to suspend her for 2 weeks .

Predictably, they placed most of the blame on her, because why wouldn't they?
I still remember them forcing Towa to apologize for something that she should not.

TLDR, Cover is a terribad company.

//
The test live was management approved. The problem was her crappy cybersecurity/hygeine but poor IT practices are an issue very rampant in JP and is frankly, the onus of the company's IT dept to facilitate her with. If anyone is at fault for starting this it's the doxxers/hackers who managed to break into her Twitcast store and sold out her personal Twitter account

Anyway, I hope they don't throw her under the bus. When Cover throws someone under the bus it's really bad.....look at the way they handled Hitomi Chris. Towa is....I'll be honest, not at fault in her case but she certainly doesn't seem to be cut out for this kind of issues. Too thin skinned, too fresh and uptight. It doesn't help her. Aloe at least, if past things are any indication, appears more chill and open

Holo might be overtaking Nijisanji in popularity but Niji sure takes better care of their own people

EDIT: Otaku are also more upset about Aloe's private stream prior to debuting for Holo where she spoke plainly of the restrictions being a formal, company-linked VTuber entails to her long time (before Hololive) followers and how she cannot interact with them as openly and often as a result https://files.catbox.moe/nj05dn.mp4 Note that almost all Holo (and indeed many VTubers in general) VTubers are former Nico Nico personalities and utaite so they have many fans from long before. Such relationships are always going to be of extra meaning to them so I don't blame her for speaking this openly to her old followers

The otaku see this as a betrayal of the industry even though she did not attack anyone and was just speaking plainly of the reality in that industry. Well otaku, the industry is like this because you demand it so.....and if you all think it makes you look bad, that's called looking in a mirror.

EDIT: https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm37370617 <------- Nico stream of her "controversial" Twitcast in case the above one gets taken down

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2020-08-18 at 02:26.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote