View Single Post
Old 2020-07-19, 09:56   Link #75
Chosen_Hero

7/10 - Definitely not one of my favorite volumes, I personally have a few problems with it, I definitely feel like GT1 was better executed than this one and was far more entertaining and this being it's follow up is kind of a let down.

- Anna Sprengel wasn't/isn't that interesting of a villain, the R&C stuff is definitely interesting, but not the character herself.

- Misaki being basically useless during the fight (not even joking, she did nothing until the last moment before Touma showed up, worse part was when she attacked her own teammate) and only got by due to writer convenience (the Mitsuari suit somehow improving her "luck" made me roll my eyes) not unlike Hamazura, and of course she got rewarded for it.

Also, it's two volumes in and she still hasn't suffered the consequences of her actions in England (just like Hamazura, again) and probably never will. Heck, even Kamachi basically admitted that Misaki just exits in this volume for the fetishes in the afterword.

Like I keep saying with Hamazura, characters like this work better in the background and not part of the main plot, Hamazura worked best back in WW3 as part of a side plot (ever since being in the spotlight he has been getting worse), Misaki would work well in a similar fashion.

- Did St. Germaine really need to be "saved" as Kamachi put it? Did anyone even care he was just a one off that happens to be from one of the worst NT volumes not about Kamisato? I know I didn't, that scene at the end there was way too melodramatic even for Touma, at least in my opinion.

Everything else I was fine with, if I think up of something else I didn't like I will add it later but yeah, not my favorite volume by far. Here's hoping that the next volume is far better.