View Single Post
Old 2020-07-05, 00:44   Link #95
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
So, time for an update. My guild is supposed to be semi-competitive, but we actually placed 7th yesterday on the colosseum rankings. Today, an announcement came out for a total power requirement of 35k, with Sunday's fight as a deadline. As a cleric, my main concern is hoarding staves, not many of which are currently in the game (I think there are 7 or so?), which meant I had to fill my grid with orbs, tomes and instruments, just to get that power requirement. I also ended up using all my skip tickets, a 2x drop vial, two x11 draws and a few purification tickets just to get ~15k power in half an hour. All of that, just to level up some gear which I won't be using in the future, it feels like SUCH a waste!

Anyway, the game's fun to play, but making elemental grids is near impossible atm. This is definitely the kind of game where you kick back until a banner that you like pops up and then just unload all your quartz on it, but people are really desperate to rush through the whole thing. I hope I can relax while playing in the future...if anyone asks of me to even reach 40k as a cleric, I might as well switch guilds.
Talk to your GM. As a cleric, staves are 100% more important than power. If they're arbitrarily putting a power requirement on support classes, they're messing up. Further, if there's more than 5 vanguard (or mages, as they're basically vanguards) in the guild for colo and they're still trying to "min max" like that, they're really messing up.

If they ask you to toss in some instruments, for now that's probably fine. Probably not so much tomes, though. I know late game Sorcerers and Minstrels sometimes would dip into the other's stuff if they didn't have the best of the best stuff for every slot (Sorcmin and Minsorc being their unoriginal names). Though even then they only ever dipped 5 of their 20 slots, and it meant they couldn't use a Half Nightmare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Yeah, the gameplay does not interest me at all. Weapon abilities are straightforward and don't seem to provide anything interesting.

I will still continue casually for the story until I hit a wall, then probably stop playing after a while.
It's really easy to hit walls, honestly. I hit one at Alice 1-4-10 and had to switch to another character's story to finish arc 1. Now I'm hitting another at Alice 2-3-10, and not sure if I want to try to keep beating it (I'm getting WRECKED) or switch to Pinocchio's story to reach Alice 2-4-10 and unlock Paladin Alice.

Probably going to do that, honestly.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote