View Single Post
Old 2020-06-09, 13:48   Link #58
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_slayer View Post
@WingedAccelerator The series was doing pretty great between 2011 to 2014 despite being over 10 years old at that point, the massive decline came to be after the false ALRAM in 10TH anniversary and the world rejector world arc which saw HUGE drop in sales because mid NT was pretty mediocre and fans felt betrayed.

They blew up their last chance with how they murdered INDEX III and gave us an Accel anime no one asked for.
I'm aware.
Woke up early for that announcement, then Heavy Object hit the fans hard, came the dislike spamming for ages and I think Miki also had to apologize, so he started saying Index III is coming, it's still possible etc for years. Reality is that Dengeki Bunko sits on their best properties for ages for no reason whatsoever, diminishing once big franchises in the process.

Even though what happened with Index is regretful, if I remember correctly, it had better numbers after 23 volumes (early NT) than SAO after 23 volumes, so Index still declined better even among all of the controversies afterwards.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote