View Single Post
Old 2020-06-02, 11:52   Link #13
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_slayer View Post
I was talking about the narrative a perspective more than anything.

I am aware that they have to continue some of these spin-offs because of profit, but it just feels wrong for them to keep focusing on the same characters again and again despite the series having a very huge set of casts. Especially when said characters are already heavily promoted in other spin-offs. Misaki for example in one-half of Astral buddy pages.

I know some won't agree with me, but I can shake the feeling that this recycling of the same characters is just a desperate attempt to revive the main series that went downhill sales-wise due to drop in quality mid-NT and a series of question marketing decisions.
Misaki is pretty much only characters with still unresolved plotline. She also benefits from being Misaka's foil. Makoto in other hand pretty much both main heroine as well as main love interest at this point.

Personally I want see much more of Kanzaki and Fukyose then I got, but I do think it can't be really helped.