View Single Post
Old 2006-08-09, 08:03   Link #45
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Sorry for being absolutely and terribly anal, but "yakusoku" is written like this:

You forgot the right side of the bolded character (that is "yaku") which looks like
"勺".

In order to not make this a spam post here's a lousy 10 minute sketch complete with useless, idiotic wapanese writing around it!
Spoiler:

I guess I'll colour it... and then get back to work >:[
Argh! I'm so stupid. I was looking right at the kanji but I just forgot the other part cause I was called to eat. Now I gotta fix it and re-do all the resizing/cropping. Thanks wao. And don't worry about being picky. I actually want that since it helps me improve. And if you never said anything I might have not noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII
@ Kiva128
Thanks for removing those awful and annoying dots (reps Kiva)...
She looks so much better now... hope your future work will look even better... and you won't go back to using the Buddhist-monk-dots
P.S. In the future... could you draw a Karin with a little more hair showing (but still nice and relaxing positions like the your latest masterpiece) and without the two pony tails... those things like the dots just look stressful (actually the dots looked painful )... well that’s just my opinion...
I appreciate your feedback but the dots aren't going anywhere. I can picture you sighing in disappointment right about now but it's part of the character. The reason she doesn't have them in the beach pic is because those dots are makeup she puts on when she wears formal things, like her fancy dress. So you won't see them if she's in a t-shirt or the like. Sorry but, that's the way it is. Even if the entire forum was against me, I don't think I'd change that aspect of her. And I didn't draw them with some religious undertones or anything. I put them in to make her more unique so if they mean something like she's a bhuddist or the like, that wasn't intended.

As for the hair, I like the pony tail thingies. Without them, what would seperate her from any other anime elf character? That doesn't mean I won't try new hairstyles of course but I'm not sure why you find them 'stressful'
Eruruu from Utawarerumono has only on and has a giant metal ring in it. Now that would be stressful.

So if you don't like the dots and pony tails, you can watch for the pics where I don't have them. Other than that what can I say? I can't make everyone happy. Some like the dots, some don't. Some like the hair some don't, some like the ears, etc.
I wish I could make a design that everyone likes, but there's no such thing. So I'll do the best I can.

Last edited by Kiva128; 2006-08-09 at 09:08.
Kiva128 is offline   Reply With Quote