Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Lord El Melloi II Case Files - Anime Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2019-07-07, 22:44   Link #48
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
Not beach episodes to you then.
I don’t mind beach episode if it’s relevant and adds to the main plot of the story. In recent example, the “river episode” from SSSS.Gridman comes to mind.

I also don’t mind fanservice when it makes sense, such as: characters bathing, showering, swimming in bikinis or probably even have sex. But to go out of your way to design the character’s clothes to be as slutty as possible for no good plot-reason other than fanservice is just poor taste except in ecchi or hentai shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
We don't even know if Jack the Ripper was a guy so it's not exactly genderbending.
Maybe not “gender-bent” per se, but more like “loli-bent”. And it’s a crass loli fanservice at that. Don’t you just love it when anime turn a famous figure into a loli and present her in the most fetishistic way possible? Yeah, I don’t belong to that camp and I don’t want to be .

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Her outfit makes sense considering she's a wraith born from the amalgamation of prostitute babies drowned in the Thames.
Read the second paragraph of my post that you quoted.

And let’s stop here. We’re being off-topic by talking about Apoc. I’m here to enjoy El Melloi 2. My one-off comment about trashy fanservice in Apoc is not meant to start an OT discussion here.