Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Lord El Melloi II Case Files - Anime Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2019-07-07, 16:23   Link #43
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
he only gender bend was Frankenstein, who was clearly modeled after Frankenstein's Bride instead. Or Mordred who is a clone of Arturia, so again it works in-universe lore because of how that was already established.

Unless you're complaining that the serial killer with an unknown identity and several strong cases made that they were female was portrayed as a female instead of male, in which case...
They made Jack the Ripper into a half-naked loli running around wearing a G-String. That's a trashy fanservice to me. Not too much the fact that she's a mere female, but the fact that she's a half-naked loli running around wearing a g-string (or whatever you call such clothes). And Astolfo might as well be a girl with a dick. You do know that there are such type of girls in hentai called "futanari", right? Astolfo is blatantly designed & catered to people who like futanari (or to people who not yet realized that they like such things in anime). That's another "gross genderbent fanservice" for me. And you already mentioned Frankenstein-girl and Mordred-gal, so I don't have to repeat it.

Now, you can go to great length defending such artistic choices by delving into the lore to hell and back, but it doesn't change the fact that fanservice is the ultimate motivation & goal of such genderbent in the Fate franchise (in this case, Apoc).