View Single Post
Old 2018-06-20, 06:29   Link #35
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Ise was promoted to a High-class Devil a year after he became a devil. Not less than a year. Rias was already graduating from the Kuou Academy high school division when Ise got that promotion.

@Lucidrago: I think you're underestimating the severity of how much purists value pureblood more than anything else. The purist devils would still have a problem with Vali no matter how powerful he got. There's an SS called "Mad Tea Party". It hasn't been translated yet, but I heard that in it, Rias and Ise go to a party of High-class or above Devils and Ise has to pretend to be her fiancé (and he calls her his girlfriend, so it's after Volume 10 and maybe also after Volume 18 or so); Rias says in this SS that Devils from the Houses ranked in the single digits among the 72 Pillars are the most conservative and purist of all Devils. There was someone from one of those single digit Houses at the party and he was ridiculing Ise despite all of his power and achievements.

And I think that seeing how powerful Vali is despite not being a pureblood devil would just make the purists hate him more. That's just how they are.