View Single Post
Old 2018-02-26, 13:45   Link #19
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowarc View Post
Wait, is it referring to Ise awakening 4 years before Slash Dog or 4 years before the Main story? If it's the first one then that means it was when Vali was 8 so Ise would be a year or so younger. Maybe it was around the time Irina was still around and he protected her before both passed out?
As Bennia Lover said, it's 4 years before the main story. This Volume itself is probably set 4 years prior to the events of the main story.

@Bennia Lover: I'm still not clear on the age difference between Vali and Ise, and who the younger one is. I guess I forgot about it. But if Vali is older than Ise and he's 12 years old in Slash Dog, shouldn't Ise be 11? Or is Ise a year older and was 13 at this time, when the Boosted Gear first awakened?

Also, if it was around this time that the Boosted Gear awakened in him, I really want to know what triggered it. My guess is that he unconsciously awakened and then passed out afterwards, without knowing what he just did. He probably doesn't even remember doing it.

@CCP: Yeah, Raynare did say that they'd been watching Ise because he'd been marked as someone with a Sacred Gear that made him a potential threat to Grigori (the name of the organization wasn't given at the time, but yeah). Raynare turned out to be incompetent, though, since she didn't realize that Ise had the Boosted Gear, and she was late in realizing it even after the mark of the red dragon appeared on it. She thought it was Twice Critical. Rias had to tell her that it's the Boosted Gear.

@Raptor: IIRC, the part from before Ise was brought to the ORC by Kiba is also slightly different in the anime. The part where he was attacked by a fallen angel at night. I'll go and read it again to refresh my memory just in case. Then I'll come back here and say what happened in the LN there. But if I recall correctly, in the LN, the number of attacks was one.

Edit:
Ise was attacked by a fallen angel only once as a devil before he found out about the Occult Research Club. Donaseek found him and attacked him once. Rias saved him then. He found himself sleeping naked with her the next morning and it turns out she shared her aura with him in the nude to heal him. Then later, Kiba comes to his class and takes him to the club room. Done. No more fallen angel attacks at night.

Last edited by DragonOsman; 2018-02-26 at 15:52.
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote