View Single Post
Old 2017-11-28, 14:18   Link #9
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
I don't doubt it...

Anyway, I don't blame Mari's dad, he is doing more than he should, but for me, the real jerk in the episode is Chika. I know you are depressed, but so are your dear friends, and you, as the leader, is the one who needs to tie them together, and don't forget that either you save the school or not, it is the last LL for the 3rd years

Sorry Chika, I've never liked you very much, but with this, you get the bottom of the list, just along Ruby
I'm going to defend Chika some here.

Chika had two goals that were about equally important to her - Saving the school, and doing well at Love Live. She and Aqours came up just short at saving her school (at least, that's how it seems right now). That has to be devastating to her, and I think she handled it as well as can be reasonably expected.

Also, part of me thinks the rest of Aqours should have just let Chika go ahead with that admittedly craycray plan of hers to go promoting her school to random passerbys. I mean, given how close it was...

Even if Chika's plan hadn't netted in two more people, she might have felt a greater closure over things knowing that she truly had went all-out doing everything she could think of. It's like the old pro sports saying - It's easier to accept a loss when you know you left it all out there on the field of competition. It's also arguably harder to "lose" the way Chika and Aqours did here than to lose by a lopsided amount. At least with a lopsided loss, you can often say "Well, we never really had a chance anyway, no point getting upset about something totally beyond our control". To come up short by just 2 people... that gotta sting.

To use a sports analogy, it's like losing in overtime of the deciding game of a series that goes the full length.