Thread: Higurashi Q & A
View Single Post
Old 2006-07-07, 21:35   Link #38
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

(Looks like kj tossed my post into the game thread for the game-related contents ^^; , so I'll cut and paste this part back here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
What was the inspiration for Higurashi no Naku Koroni?

Explaining, if the idea of placing the plot in a rural village came from the experiences that one or many members of Ryukishi07 had in their childhood growing up in similar villages in the Japanese countryside.
I believe it was a time when he was into mini theatrical plays, and out of interest, he wrote some play scripts. Among them was a script called "Hinamizawa Bus Stop", which is a story that took place entirely at a bus stop. Coincidentally, Yatazakura-san (the programmer, Ryukishi07-san's brother) began studying Nscripter as well at this time, so the idea to clean up the "Hinamizawa Bus Stop" script and rewrite it in a novel style came up...

The script itself can be said to be Higurashi's essence: all the most important plot devices came from this play script. But it took a lot of planning and organizing for the story to become what we see in the games today.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote