View Single Post
Old 2017-02-26, 20:17   Link #96
novalysis

I actually had a fairly detailed post of my thoughts on the first live elsewhere, but here are a few brief opinions that came from watching the concert on the first day.

1. Rikako's piano playing during Omoi Hitotsu was simply breath-taking. At that point of time, I only saw Riko on that piano. Omoi Hitotsu is actually one of the most interesting songs in Aqours right now - since it's a song where the Center does not sing or dance, but plays an instrument. I am hoping for more songs of that type, but I'm not sure whether the producers will take the risk after Rikako's breakdown during the second day of the First Live.

2. Guilty Kiss live debut secures Guilty Kiss position as my favorite sub-unit in Aqours. I've always wondered what the Strawberry Trapper choreography would have looked like. It's absolutely intense, and the highlight of the choreography were the Guilty Kiss singers (Yohane, Riko and Mari's VAs) treating the microphone stands as if they were electric guitars. Simply amazing.

3. One big downside I felt during the Live, was how many of the singers appeared to be singing worse in the Live compared to their recorded voices. Shuka/You had one of the biggest vocal quality drops in my opinion - during Hand in Hand, she was having problems nailing the notes in the climax of the chorus and her voice was much noticeably weaker. On the other hand, Hanamaru/King was in top form on the first day - her Toririko Please solo was absolutely stunning and possibly even better than the recorded version.

4. Even in a Live Viewing (in Singapore), the audience itself makes the price of admission (70SGD) worth it. They were out in full force, with glowsticks and Wota leaders where most people stood up for every song.

These are just some first-day impressions. I do regret not going for the second day, and the magical moment where everyone rallied behind Rikako. It takes some crazy guts to have your debut piano performance be in-front of 17k people live and knowing that several times that number are watching you in a Live Viewing. With only 6 months of Piano Training. That's some badassery here.

Here's a first hand account of what happened: . Scroll down to the section on Omoi Hitotsu to see the full account. Rikako on the piano IS the defining moment of the First Live - for good or ill, Riko's VA will always be associated with Omoi Hitotsu and the piano, and Omoi Hitotsu would be the iconic song of the First Live. The scary thing is, what happened to Rikako also happened to Riko in the anime.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote