View Single Post
Old 2017-01-30, 03:11   Link #71
HirouKeimou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
TV Percentage-wise, I agree. Though in the OVA department, Gundam spawn more great series than Macross. And I disagree with your statement saying that not even half of Gundam animated outings are good and most of them are horrible. As I've proven with my post above, even if you combine SEED+Destiny as one series (which makes it in Yellow area), Wing+Endless Waltz (Green area), 00 S1+S2+Trailblazer (Green area) & GBF/T (Green area). If we calculate them all, we still get a (very) good majority with a bunch of them being the irreplaceable masterpieces and pioneers in the genre that's worth a ton.
Initially we were discussing their TV releases so I don't really count OVA or movies if we're discussing TV releases specifically.

I digress, we're a little off-topic at this point so I'll end it with this: I'm not personally familiar with Gundam (outside of Wing and 00) myself but as of late I have friends on Skype who discuss their feelings on older Gundam TV series' and... yeah, it's not all good. And again, if Macross does follow Gundam on its trend, I'd be genuinely scared of the product it'll come up with.