View Single Post
Old 2017-01-29, 18:05   Link #33
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Hmmmmm... Maybe Delta was actually more successful than a lot of us thought? Or am I reading this the wrong way?
You are definitely reading it the wrong way. If Delta is successful they would have announced a Delta film or small OVA to go with the anniversary announcement.

The fact is they were never going to abandon Macross as a franchise, no matter how badly Delta was received. But it is telling that any further animation projects involving Delta is now dead, now that they have announce the next show to replace it.

The rights holders are clearly uncomfortable with Delta and isn't willing to let it be the most recent representative of the franchise for 5+ years. Remember that every other Macross TV series had much larger gaps in between. They might even felt that the Delta toys and merchandise would have a lack of long term prospects, and needed them replaced early.

Quote:
Even so, one thing I am curious about is how they're going to grab a singer? I mean, they didn't announce an audition for one, right? Unless... will they be doing a sequel for once?
They could simply decide that the new show's idol would be voiced by a veteran instead of a no-name.