View Single Post
Old 2016-09-27, 11:16   Link #3
Thess

Animation Quality: 8. It could have been better but it had no break. The reused footage was annoying.
Voice Actors: 10. I adored all the voice acting, specially mention to Berger's (I hope the seiyuu is fine).
Script: 7. It has serious issues with the execution of the story. The story was fine up episode 13 and then became a convoluted mess.
Soundtrack: 9. It was no Frontier or Plus, but it was still charming. It needed more Ikenai Borderline though.
Editing: 8. Seemed okay. But I didn't pay a lot of attention.
Enjoyment: 7. I would have given this a 10 if it had kept the quality of the first part, but some episodes dragged a lot.
Emotional Involvement: 7. I was only emotionally involved with a few characters: Messer, Cassim, Freyja, Hayate and Walkure. Oh and the seacat sensei.

Overall. Ummm let's give it a 8. Mostly because the first half was really good. The second half needs to be reworked, but some ideas were good, but really what was that execution? My major complain in general is that it just seemed to be two disconnected stories put together hastily. One has Freyja as a main character (and Hayate as her love interest) and another has Keith (which became a thing in the second half, IMO, when Keith's character did a 180º along with Roid's). At least to my impression, despite liking him a lot, Hayate just didn't come off as a strong main character (which was too bad because he started strong). Even up the end when the stories clash, it still feels like watching two stories unrelated unfold. It's like Hayate never filled the place Messer did and Keith came out nowhere and became the major male lead in everything except the romantic story, if that makes sense. It was just messy. The multiple POVs do work in other medium, like the novel proves, but it doesn't work with the anime format so well.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote