View Single Post
Old 2016-09-27, 10:06   Link #2
Psyco Diver

Animation - 8 - Pretty good although there were some hiccups mid way through and some of the cgi was jarring at a few moments. The battle scenes were good although I felt they lacked that Macross feel most of the time, doesn't make it bad but just didn't feel completely Macross either

Voice Actors - 7 - I was going to give a average school because while it was good, it wasn't anything mind blowing, but the last episode really was good with the singing, I enjoyed the fact that the singing wasn't crystal clear, but the VAs did a good job making the singing under stress and happiness sound obvious without being in my face

Script - 5 - So many loose ends, so many characters brought in to be forgotten. It needed a serious rewrite to tie everything up. What they did do right they did very well I will say

Soundtrack - 8 - I liked the songs, I would have liked a few more songs though because near the end it felt like I was listening to the songs over and over again

Editing - 7 - Pretty good overall I didn't see anything out of place but I didn't see anything special done outside of the CGI

Enjoyment - 6 - I enjoyed it, I don't see myself rewatching it like the original Macross or Macross Plus, but for the most part I liked the characters and the basic story. I didn't find myself yearning for the next episode but I still made time when I could to watch it

Emotional Involvement - 5 - Characters were good but in the end it was some of the backround characters I care about more because they seems a little more interesting. The mains were good and at least weren't cookie cutters either but they would do some dumb things that would leave me shaking my head

Overall - 6 - A bit above average, what drags the series for me is the plot and the antagonists motives. I think this series could have seriously benefited from a trimming or a 50 episode run so they could have fleshed out more. There allot of good stuff going on but for the most part was left hanging
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote