View Single Post
Old 2016-09-05, 12:06   Link #70
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
Same as above. The right comparison is: Someone is guaranteed to be hit by a car and you are forced to stay near him.
There's no guarantee that Emilia will be targeted by the Witch's Cult. It may be probable, but there's no guarantee. How long has she been in Roswaal's care without having everyone near her slaughtered already? And why would the cult attack the nearby village anyway if Emilia is their goal? It's not like the village would defend her.

But no, let's blame the innocent person for not killing themselves I guess, since apparently their mere existence puts sole blame on them for loonies killing unrelated people that they don't have to kill either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
That being said, moridin84 does have a point. "Blame" is a strong word, and I'm not sure I'd go that far, but this much is almost certainly true - If Emilia had chosen somewhere else to live, somewhere much farther away, these villagers would have likely remain unharmed. That's cold, maybe even as cold as Puck can be, but it's still true.
Blame is a strong word. It's also the wrong word. She's involved, and her involvement can cause others to get involved. But she's innocent, just as the villagers are. Should we blame the villagers too, since they're now involved as victims? After all, if the villagers hadn't gotten involved, the soldiers with Subaru wouldn't be getting killed trying to protect them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
For the villagers in my analogy, and for the actual villagers in this show, if this special wanted person wasn't living near them, they'd be safe.
Roswaal and Emilia keep the village safe from mabeasts. Without them, the mabeasts would destroy them (as seen in arc 2).

Further, Ram and Rem's backstory shows that the witch's cult can act wherever and whenever it pleases. Just because a half-elf isn't super close does not mean they cannot and will not be attacked by the cult. I think this is the biggest thing that people are forgetting. It's not like the Witch's Cult is just some sort of "Purity Organization" that wants to cleanse half-elves and anyone associated with them. They're crazy loons that want to watch the world, and everyone in it, burn. No one is safe.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote