View Single Post
Old 2016-08-16, 07:11   Link #32
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
1. Jamie ain't Italian.
She's not Hispanic either, your point?

Quote:
2. I'm pretty sure her dad's Italian heritage doesn't come into play in her genes that much anymore. Mari may have Italian ancestry but there is no doubt in my mind she is pretty much American. IIRC, Spanish is the second most-spoken language in the US, right?
Still uses some Italian. "Ciao" is not Spanish.
Plus, Italian has been one of the more prominent languages for over a 100 years in America, and it's the 8th most used language in the country, mainly used in the North East Coast of America, so yeah, I expected something better than typical Spanish. Would you still think the same if Elichika said "Asombroso!" in the English dub, dubbing over a Russian word. So to me, Funi, you disappoint me.

Quote:
3. English dubs don't do Italian accents because they probably don't want to portray the Mafia, never mind that the Mafia actually originated in Sicily, an island outside the boot of Italy, hence the Sicilian Mafia.
Eh... what? There's ways to do Italian-American, but that doesn't instantly make you a Mafia character. What you are thinking about are cartoons that do it to caricature typical Italian-Americans as mafia gangsters.