View Single Post
Old 2016-07-31, 19:26   Link #83
Irenesharda

It took him three revivals and some of the worst horrors that a person could ever see, but he finally learned the lessons he had to learn from the school of the hardest knocks ever imagined.

And now that he's learned, and he's got the support at his back, he can know start anew and go at this situation from a whole new angle. Honestly, I wouldn't be that determined. I know that personally I would have skipped town long ago. I would be incredibly homesick and be trying to get home to my family. (I know Subaru doesn't have the same strong family ties that I do, but I would still be homesick for my own world.)

Puck was fiercely scary this episode. His rebuke of Subaru was what finally made him have that breakthrough. And it seems that his contract with Emilia is that if she dies he will destroy the world?! That's some responsibility for Emilia. I think she would taking better care of her life if she know the ENTIRE WORLD would perish for her sake. I think they really should make that known. In the words of Doctor Doom, "there's no point in trying to take over a world if there is no longer a world left to rule".

Also with Betelgeuse being Sloth, we know now that the White Whale is actually Gluttony, leaving us 4 others unknown. (Envy/Jealousy being Satella of course)

As for Rem, she has pushed herself to becoming the best female character of not only the show, but of the season so far. I like Emilia well enough, but honestly I don't think she's done enough to really give her a leg up above the blue-haired oni-girl. I honestly don't even really know why Subaru loves her other than her physical attractiveness, her kindness, their experience in the beginning, and the fact that he can act as her white knight. I feel like Rem has done all that and more, and it really seems that if he were to think about it, he cares for her just a little bit more than Emilia. As Crusch said, he easily let his anger and pride override his love for Emilia, but when Rem was forgotten, she was constantly the first thought in his mind.

However, despite his rejection, Rem proves once again why she deserves best girl status by having an agape type love of him, and a loyalty that will stay even if she knows that his heart belongs to another.

Well now that Subaru has gotten his groove back, what shall he do now?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote