View Single Post
Old 2016-07-07, 02:33   Link #16
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Excellent first episode.

I'm really glad this is getting right into the action and plot heavy-content right away. I wouldn't say I hate Illya's friends, and in fact they're fine in small doses like this - It's when they completely take over an episode that I start to find them kinda tiresome.

So I'm very pleased that we only had a little bit of SoL content to sort of ease us into this continuation before the fantastically flashy action really takes off. One area where this property consistently delivers is in its highly entertaining action scenes!

Parallel world stories are also rich with potential and intrigue, and this one is off to a good start.
I tend to agree they really are at their best in smaller doses. Herz was kind of rough because the first half was so heavily slice of life with the friends, just too much of them. This was fine though. It was nice to have a little moment just to hammer in that Illya, Miyu, and Kuro do have these regular friends that anchor that idea of a "normal life."

Just easing us in with the slice of life before it's clearly going to be gone for a while. Tapping out the slice of life and bringing in some more serious drama to take its place.

Seems like we'll have no shortage of action with Miyu captured. Plenty of potential with Illya now getting to visit Miyu's world.

Can't wait for next week after how this episode finished off.