View Single Post
Old 2016-07-06, 18:45   Link #8
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Looks like the pacing is going to be all over the place in this series. We got barely halfway through the first chapter in this episode (though that was mostly due to the excision of the 2wei-ending cliffhanger for the anime adaptation), yet the next week preview shows (more like spoils, really) something from the end of chapter 3. Well, I guess we'll see. Lot more action in this manga than the previous two, and that often makes pacing hard to predict, since you can animate a whole chapter's worth of action in just a few minutes.

Animation and art direction are gorgeous. Somehow seems a bit more bright and colorful than I expected, though.

For the sake of anime-only viewers, the anime has gotten far enough that we can safely discuss the major difference between the original manga and the adaptation (both 2wei and 3rei).
Spoiler for since there's bound to be someone not interested:
Agree it will be tough to judge how far they will get since the page counts can really vary and there is a lot more action in this arc. Seems like it will be brisk though. Very much the opposite of previous seasons. Where they had to spread out fewer chapters over more episodes and thus pad it out a bit. Here they can kind of really go in without much restraint.

If nothing else the show is going to look really good as expected. The brief action looked good and really just Illya wandering through that wintry landscape was a pretty nice scene.

In the end I like how things start up. Dealing with the status quo with Illya's friends and family before saying goodbye and heading off to a different world. Gets to replace all that....with Tanaka .