View Single Post
Old 2016-07-03, 01:49   Link #100
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
The fact that more of the characters are silly in some way does not make them alike.
It does make them more alike. Greater similarity = More alike.

Quote:
They are silly in their own unique ways.
But they still share silliness as a common similarity.

Quote:
Chika tends to make a lot of bad jokes.
That's actually not what I found silly about Chika. Though I suppose I might have missed some jokes?

Quote:
Yoshiko is generally delusional and grandiose in a hiliarious way. Mari is just really damn crazy and eccentric.
Mari was barely even in this episode! Going by the anime alone, there's not much to be said about Mari.

Quote:
Riko had THAT moment in this episode where she tried to go for a swim in the early spring. And yes, μ's got this kind of "silliness equilibrium" too eventually but it didn't come quite as early as this. I'm glad they're trying to make the cast appealing and fun early on this time.
I found μ's very appealing and fun early on. And I certainly think that Sunrise was trying to make μ's very appealing and fun early on.

Honestly, I have a slight preference for how μ's was handled early on compared to what we have here with Sunshine, but Sunshine's first episode was a good episode nonetheless. Similar to what Akuma wrote, I felt that the μ's characters were introduced in a more naturalistic or organic way (less "frontloaded"), and that's one thing I really liked about the first few episodes of the original Love Live.