View Single Post
Old 2016-07-03, 01:38   Link #99
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I'll try to address the rest in a VM to prevent going too off-topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
And honestly, the way Chika handled trying to start a school idol club struck me as more idiotic than how Honoka went about it.
Probably so.

Quote:
There's plenty of silliness I saw from Chika in this episode.
Yes, and it didn't bother me as much as Honoka's silliness for some reason. I'm bad at explaining my views but I'll try to do so in the aforementioned VM.

Quote:
So you think balance is achieved by having all the characters be alike? I disagree with that. Balance is achieved through difference and variety.

Look, it's perfectly fine if you just like having loads and loads of expressiveness and wackiness. That's a perfectly legitimate taste preference. But saying it represents "balance" is simply silly, in my view.
The fact that more of the characters are silly in some way does not make them alike. They are silly in their own unique ways. Chika tends to make a lot of bad jokes. Yoshiko is generally delusional and grandiose in a hiliarious way. Mari is just really damn crazy and eccentric. Riko had THAT moment in this episode where she tried to go for a swim in the early spring. And yes, μ's got this kind of "silliness equilibrium" too eventually but it didn't come quite as early as this. I'm glad they're trying to make the cast appealing and fun early on this time.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote