View Single Post
Old 2016-06-22, 22:56   Link #66
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I can somewhat sympathize with them feeling a lot of resentment over that. But it was something that was used during the last war, 7 years ago. There had been peace since that war ended. Quite frankly, maybe they should get over it.

I can't believe you just said this. I mean: "get over it?" Really? The implication about what the dimension eater did seems to be on an even worse level than Pearl Harbour, or 9/11. We still don't know who did it, so it's highly possible that Windermere didn't do it to themselves, especially if that was where their own Protoculture ruins were. This is a people that feel everything with their runes, so can you imagine the pain they might have felt? And you're telling them to just "get over it?"

I said in in my last post and I'll say it again: I honestly think you need to stop thinking about what you would do, and actually think about how things appear from Windermere's perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
And heck, that might even be the parallel and message that Kawamori is aiming for - That real world Japan benefits by distancing itself from WWII and the old horrors of the past. That old nationalistic resentments does not do Japan any favors. I really do think there's a good chance that Windermere is based on WWII era Japan.
Knowing what I know of Japanese domestic politics and how progressives like Kawamori probably think about Japan's post-war, I highly doubt that.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes