View Single Post
Old 2016-06-05, 17:44   Link #52
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazred View Post
I do like the muted emphasis on love shenanigans as well, i just don't really feel like Mirage has dropped enough hints that i buy her side of the exchange. With Freyja, sure; i can see her still being anxious about Mirage and Hayate. However i think the closest Mirage has gotten to showing affection has been her constant focus on Hayate when he's in the cockpit; it's bordering on dangerous distraction, really, but she hasn't had any 'realization' moments like Freyja, i think. As such, it seems like this is the first instance where she's shown concern over Freyja's closeness to him so it struck me as a bit sudden.
Well now that Messer is dead, maybe they'll focus on Mirage (but looks like they'll focus on Windermerians politics next ). I may sound harsh when I speak about her and I don't deny she's likely one of my least favorite characters, but because she's a main character that is being so poorly handled, imo. I'm sure I'll like her more when she actually gets to do things and gets interesting lines: I liked her immaturity in episode 3, but that's it. Things like off screen development like that is fairly obnoxious. Though you can argue that Mirage sounded a little disappointed after she told him her fear of being infected by var and he told her that Freyja would help her, standing and not even looking at her. But it could just be concern about being infected by var, I don't really want to overanalyze it.

In general, they need to actually remember she's a main character. It's like they forget she exists unless they need to drop a reminder this is a triangle or she needs to secretly feel sorry for herself.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote