View Single Post
Old 2016-04-28, 09:23   Link #18
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Just read it and I satisfied.

So that's how Orochimaru act as parent, still using extreme method as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
You had to realise that the "old" Orochimaru was obsessed with obtaining immortality. And after the events of the great war he basically achieved it.

He is acting differently now because his goal is different. Because he already "won", got what he wanted out of it, and is now moving to the next stage of his life. The guy has mastered eternal life, and is trying something different now. He is evil, but he isn't evil for evil's sake.
This.

If I may add, while chasing immortality, 'old' Orochimaru is also obsessed to reach the understanding of knowledge of all things.
However, after saw how Kabuto, who became his 'successor', ended up in failure while Sasuke who rebel to him succeed, he noticed that Sasuke growth turned out to be taking interesting route that he never considered before hence saying he's looking forward to see how Sasuke change the world while helping Alliance, even saying that he can quite understand why Jiraiya and Tsunade taking disciple.

Mitsuki existence and how he wishes for Mitsuki to have a free will is practically an extension to that, how the next generation decided who you are. Orochimaru isn't a young man, he's older than Jiraiya by now, so I can understand if he's taking that direction.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote