View Single Post
Old 2016-04-16, 18:16   Link #27
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Can anyone explain to me what exactly is the difference between R / SR / SSR? Specifically when it comes to different versions of the same character since I get that SSR characters are generally just more useful with better abilities but not exactly how it works when we're talking about different versions of the same character.

I have a SR Vira but noticed there's a SSR Vira. What's the actual difference between the two? Does SR Vira have some level limit that can't be uncapped which is lower then SSR Vira? If I happen to get SSR Vira does the game simply replace my SR Vira?

Another thing I'm not quite sure on is party composition. To give an example, is fire-fire-fire team strictly better then a fire-fire-dark or a fire-light-dark team? Is it a case of once you get to endgame you have to go 3 of the same element or stacking is just much lower since I haven't noticed that big of an effect at the moment.

Also related to elemental damage. Does Narmaya's Butterfly Effect "superior elemental bonus damage to foe" benefit from dark element bonus or is it affected by whatever the enemy counter element happens to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
The what!?
The new and old SF event occurs at the same time!?!?!?!?
The hell am I going to have enough TIIIIMMEEEE!!!!!
I've watched fighting game streamers I follow go all out nolife on it. No thanks.

The only character I care in that is Karin and I temporarily main her in the actual SF5 so I'm good.

Chrome Mixer Sound Trick

A trick that might help anyone that uses the desktop version.

If you use chrome for browsing then you'll find that the games audio is tied to chromes audio so its very annoying if you want to watch some videos or streams when playing since the game is quite loud.

Unfortunately even if you use multiple chrome accounts its all the same instance. So you'll still see granblue and chrome bunched together.

You can play with granblue's sound settings but personally I sometimes might tweak the mixer for chrome because of [reasons] so that inadvertently messes with granblue.

What you need to do to get granblue as a separate entry is install Chrome Canary (this is the Early Access version of chrome where newer features are tested). After you install it simply install granblue from there, create a desktop shortcut for it and you're all set. Now when you start granblue it will start as a chrome canary instance rather then an instance of your regular chrome and you can adjust them separatly.