View Single Post
Old 2016-03-26, 15:28   Link #15
ValvraveTruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
You do realize that in any serious discussion about anything related to the series, the source material/Visual Novel has much more weight than the animation right?

Yes there's no perfect adaptation, but the issue with Itsuwari no Kamen is that the core elements related to the characters and story (VERY important) were basically cut off to favor the fanservice. And with this, we have an adaptation that leaves much to be desired and that gives a completely different impression of the series to the viewer, that has never played the game.

This is why good and proper anime adaptations are important. Utawarerumono 1 was a good adaptation, for example. Itsuwari no Kamen is not.
What you said is not wrong.

I put it with there is 2 factions, one that follows the VN and one that only watched anime. I said "VN may comes first but they didn't say anything about the anime comes from the VN itself, both VN and anime comes from the one who wrote it."

You think Visual Novel=source material, but wrong and most people get it wrong which is common. VN is actually from source material or story script, not "equal", fit to the format of large information and gaming interaction. The same goes to anime pick from the story script itself which then change by the director and writer to fit what the watcher want. So no one ever said the anime story is from the VN or adaption. Because VN so well pack info with good stuff like character development to be able to warp the thinking of hardcore VN fans, which lead to "why this and why cut there". **light novel also has other saying, but leave it.

Applied to all animes, some i read light novel or VN way before the anime. I know what you mean when the anime is indeed silly compare to VN, but that just how it is. Can we really say it is not a good adaption when no one ever said the story will be the same as VN or comes from VN? Imagine the VN does not exist at all, without the heavy knowledge from VN, can the anime be a stand alone enough that the plot with no extra info for us to be able to understand the plot or what is going on?

How good an anime can be is not from how much it fully adapt, its about other stuff. Not me but Well i believe only those who doesn't know the actual info from VN can appreaciate how good the anime it is in some cases. Thats why i tried to rate anime based on just a simple watcher with no heavy info.