View Single Post
Old 2016-02-28, 15:37   Link #8
Marvelous Cnidarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozomu Itoshiki View Post
From what I recall yes, she was waterboarded and raped (I remember some parts of the text where they talk about sexual harrasment). Walter got a really hard time too, and Pham ... well you guys can figure out.

Spoiler for spoile:

My knowledge of the LN is limited but imo Beatrix is good for now, Lise is too damn edgy in the anime.

On one hand Beatrix need more backstory, which was mostly rushed or cut here. On the other hand Lise in the LN was less edgy, more focused on Theo but its ok considering how the adaptation went right into the anime original territory with lots of changes.
Yeah, Lise is definitely more evil, but I think that comes with making Beatrix more evil. Their characterization kind of plays off one another. One thing I am pretty sure about is that Beatrix and Schmidt did not have a good relationship in the LN. Then again, she absolutely hated Axmann and wouldn't of been palling around with him like she did earlier in the anime. They might be trying to clumsily rerail her back into her original characterization, what with her talking about realizing the ideal of "a certain person" (あの人の理想私/Ano hito no risō watashi kanaeru).

Spoiler for Prequel Spoilers:

And I don't think any of the characters will really be getting backstories. This is just a glorified commercial for the VNs and prequel anyways, much like the TE anime before it.

Last edited by Marvelous Cnidarian; 2016-02-28 at 15:58.
Marvelous Cnidarian is offline   Reply With Quote