View Single Post
Old 2016-02-05, 03:30   Link #5
Variabug
Professional Lurker

In all honesty its kinda hard to figure out where the series will go next. We do know that Ishibumi has talked about having an arc centered around the Hindu Gods (as they are technically the strongest mythology within the DXD Universe) so they might become the main antagonists after Trihexa.

I'm also guessing that we might see developments from character relationships (or relationship) that was mentioned in EX (you can go there to see what up if need be, don't want to spoil its). With Kunou, Bennia, and Le Fay going to their respective branches of Kuoh Academy they'll probably become more active members of the cast and their relationships with Issei will probably be explored more. Although I don't think any of them have a planned LN to themselves unfortunately. I personally would see Issei gaining his peerage at this point, especially if this is the final arc of the series and thus we'll either have known characters (Abe, Xenovia, Asia, etc) either transfer or become a part of his peerage. Possibly with Rias gaining some new pieces as well. I've had a hunch for awhile that Kiryuu "Scouter" glasses might actually be a sacred gear, and with her discovering the supernatural world she'll probably gain a larger role within the series, possibly become another member of the harem/peerage in the future. I don't know how popular she is within the fandom, so who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if Kuroka becomes a part of the potential peerage. She has been a major contender for awhile and considering that she does get a child in EX I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't a member. This could also explore more about the Rating games and Evil Pieces as Akuja made the whole system with a bunch of secrets that having the main character explore would be interesting, especially since Issei is a madness magnet as is harem/ecchi protagonist tradition.

With the ending of EX we do know the futures of a couple characters within the series. Vali himself gets some pretty...interesting tidbits so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw his character development head in that direction. Issei also shows up with a new power so that might also be shown later in the series as well.

Ophis and Lilith are two characters whose future was not explored. We do know that Ophis herself is hurt, but Lilith (who has most of Ophis' power) is okay. The question will be if they fuse of stay separate. It'll be interesting whether or not Ishibumi will make her a part of the harem, as I do know there are at least a few people who want that (although it might be those crazy crack shippers at it again).

Back to Vali real quick, I have an inkling that Lilith may have something to do with Vali's powerup. He already has superior potential with being a descendant of Lucifer, having the power of the Infinite Dragon might just put him on a more equal plane with Issei.
Variabug is offline   Reply With Quote