View Single Post
Old 2016-01-31, 08:43   Link #26
Alf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
A couple of things I'm a bit confused about when it comes to the sequence of events. But, if I'm understanding things correctly, some kind of apocalypse happened and Haku and his brother, his brothers wife, and child and any other remaining humans were now living in underground cities. Haku's brother seems to be doing research on making the surface of the earth habitable or to at least make humans more resilient to be able to survive on the surface. There are other labs where other people are doing similar things. Decoys end up being the result of one of those experiments. Haku's brother has some kind of breakthrough with his own research, and Haku volunteers to be his guinea pig. This is where it starts to get a bit fuzzy for me. Did the brothers experiments involve putting Haku in some kind of cryogenic sleep? Well, it seems that sometime after this event humans started melting and turning into curses and humanity turned against itself before someone finally decided to just nuke (I'm using this term loosely) everyone from space or at least a good portion of people. Haku's brother made it out alive and decided to create more Decoy's himself since beside himself they seemed to be the only other living beings left. The Decoys in this particular area at least began to thrive under Haku's brother who's now the Emperor.

However, being the only human around made him kind of lonely so he found another lab, or his old lab (?) and started doing research again on how to turn the curses back to human, and created those masks in the process. And he now wants to use or get some information from a lab in Tusukuru to continue this research?

That's what I believe to understand so far, any corrections would be appreciated.
Mostly correct. Haku's brother's research aims for human to be able to live on the surface, and it involves putting the test subject to sleep. And there's no mention of how he became the emperor. The purpose of getting to Tuskuru is still not mentioned so it's now speculation.

There are some differences from the game:
Spoiler for difference with game:

When the emperor mentioning first teaching the decoys, it feels very similar to what Hakuoro did. So I think this is also a reflection of what could happen to Hakuoro if he stayed awake for a long time.

There are some added information in the anime: Details of the research of Haku's brother. I'm not sure is it canon, but if it is that would mean Haku might live significantly longer than normal human, perhaps more than hundreds of year like his brother.

This episode is very well handled, though with some changes that may affect overall theme.

The camera work of Haku looking at his sister in law is somewhat sexy, as a subtle hint of his feelings toward her. Not particularly important, but that's a nice touch.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote