View Single Post
Old 2016-01-19, 03:55   Link #30
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Although this episode had a lot of action, and it finally showed the powers of each general, I felt it was not very exciting. It felt like snippets of exposition as they curb-stomped the invaders.
I feel the same. Maybe even more extreme than you: aside from visuals, I feel almost no excitement watching the generals just mowing down their mortal opponents with sheer powers coz I’m not invested to their characters nor for their opponents except for Oshutoru & (to an extent) Munechika. I don't even care about the enemy-girl who watches his dad got sliced & diced. Heck, I care more for the people who is forced to fight by the barbarians more than anyone. I’m also not a fan of easy curbstomp without proper buildup. Please tell me that some of these generals (especially Vurai) are gonna be the antagonists of this series which will be faced by "Haku & co" or the old casts coz many of them are flat and dull. Watching all of them being on the good side wiping the floor with their enemies will certainly be boring for me. Moreover, after watching what Vurai did, I was pissed off by his character. He’s just as bad as (if nor worse than) the retarded Dekoponpo who wasted so many lives due to his incompetence.

The music/BGM during this entire episode is underwhelming, especially when Vurai-zilla appeared. Heck, I don’t even remember there’s any BGM at all since Vurai-zilla punched Haku until the ED played. The episode in general could’ve been better and more impactful with better BGM. Did the sound-director of this episode sleepwalk while working or something?

Also, this thing has been bothering me for some time, but aside from him being human and his "Haku"-name, can anybody tell me what super-duper special deed that Haku did to earn so much respect from (almost) everyone? He did something during the giant centipede hunt, he did various part-time jobs, he fixed things and clean things, and merely got involved with the Princess silly kidnap-comedy farce. Yet almost everybody treated him like he's a hero or sage or something big deal.