View Single Post
Old 2015-11-07, 22:08   Link #93
Alf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krunk View Post
More questions...because I'm really into the backstory of Yamato.

1) On what conditions are generals picked? Is the selection process fixed (i.e. if the father was a general, the child will be too) or does the emperor just pick whoever catches his attention?

2) Do the wielders of the fake masks get longer lifespans?

3) Why does Vrai think that Anju was unworthy? Do any others feel the same way? This kind of succession is normally determined by bloodline, so I am curious.

4) How much more developed is Yamato compared to Tuskuru (in terms of population, technology, education, etc)? It's clearly bigger in terms of territory, but I don't see any noticeable differences otherwise.
1) Not explicitly mentioned, but it seems normally accounted to their deeds. There's an exception of Dekoponpo, that his father requested the Emperor to give his son the position before dying.

2) Nothing mentioned on this, but considering the cost of getting the power they might have shorter life.

3) He think she is unworthy. There is no explicit evidence on other's opinion, but most of the other generals are just obeying the Emperor himself rather than Yamato. On the other hand, it's been mentioned that there are many people in Yamato willing to swear loyalty to Anju.

4) Well, just consider the scholar system, this is much more advanced than Tuskuru.

Also, it seems their technology level in theory is at least able to explain(by a genius) how hot air ballons work.

And consider the flow of material in that great city, economic has to be considerably advanced compare to Tuskuru.

On population, when Kuon first entered the capital she thought it was in some festival that there are so many people on the street, but actually it's usual in the capital, so you can imagine the difference in population density times the city size to consider the difference.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote