View Single Post
Old 2015-09-30, 13:52   Link #3
Vitne Eveille

Macross is actually one I've always been meaning to watch. Thanks for the little write-up, its gotten me re-interested in it!

I would recommend:

Title: Voices of a Distant Star
Director: Makoto Shinkai
Year: 2002

Quote:
The narrative begins in 2047. Mikako is apparently alone in a hauntingly empty city, trying to contact people through her mobile telephone. She wakes up in her Tracer orbiting an extrasolar planet. She then goes to Agartha, the fictional fourth planet of the Sirius System. Mikako sends an e-mail to Noboru (which shows the date 2047-09-16), with the subject "I am here", which would reach him eight years later. Some flashes of imagery, perhaps indicative of memory, a hallucination, or even a mystical encounter, are then shown. The room shown at the beginning of the animation is presented again; Mikako is squatting in the corner, sobbing and pleading with her doppelganger to let her see Noboru again so she can tell him she loves him.
This is just a really sweet OVA. Short and kinda eery in a way. Very artistic. Not tons of talking too, the music and visuals really tell the story.

-my official website & blog-
-download my new EP (free)- ♫♫
Vitne Eveille is offline   Reply With Quote