View Single Post
Old 2015-07-02, 09:19   Link #26
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
But the ending fell apart, and i'm not surprised since i did not expect kishi would really end this with making Sasuke look bad. Sarada seems to forgive her dad even though she pretty much has no reason to forgive him for his past decade of neglect...
I kind of read Sarada's story differently. While she does somewhat unnecessarily forgive Sasuke (he's still an unmitigated douche), I also felt her growth as a character actually moved beyond her original strict definition as Sasuke and Sakura's child (which is arguably the initial thesis of her story), to something more nebulous but ultimately accepting. And, the conclusion to her experience is not the be the best Uchiha she can be (implicitly, like her dad), but rather to move beyond her immediate family and 'adopt' a larger family as Hokage.

So, I read her moment with her father as equal parts forgiveness (however silly) and acceptance.

In other words, she ended the story still not knowing that Sakura is her biological parent, but she has gained the maturity to realize that such definition isn't entirely relevant. Consequently, she can accept Sasuke's douchyness now because she realize her family is not confined by her blood relations, and their idiosyncrasies, but family can be much larger and deeper than she had previously imagined. Sarada for Hokage 2016!

Or maybe I just like Sarada more than I previously thought .

Whatever the case, I'm going to miss you Chouchou.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote