View Single Post
Old 2015-06-04, 14:07   Link #44
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerGilga View Post
I'm not that upset about Naruto being stabbed. Getting hit by something you didn't see coming is believable. It's the transition from 'getting stabbed' to 'being rendered helpless and having their butts saved' which I have to laught about.
I read the moment as the characters being paralyzed by the weapons and the control this Shin character has over the weapons. In other words, once Naruto and Sasuke were impaled, they could no longer control themselves due to the interference caused by Shin's control over the weapons embedded in their bodies.

It's still plot contrivance, but it's a little more acceptable than what some have been writing on this and other forums.

edit: looked it up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
The guy can spam Shadow Clones to absurd levels, almost large enough to populate some major cities I'm sure. How is it then, that he can't keep 2 or 3 clones training while he's busy doing paperwork, chasing down Boruto, and spending time with his wife and daughter? Come on, the guy's signature jutsu is the most hack-worthy training tool ever, and he doesn't use it to train anymore?
To be fair, there are potential political ramifications to Naruto continuing to get stronger. He is the Hero of the 4th War, and because he preaches peace the other villages and nations follow his lead, but if he had spent the subsequent years since the war increasing his strength to some unimaginable level, how do you think the other nations would feel? There is no reason to get noticeably stronger during a time of peace, especially if your increase in strength actually goes against your political philosophy and the way the world perceives you.

Last edited by james0246; 2015-06-04 at 14:17.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote