View Single Post
Old 2015-06-01, 13:34   Link #58
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Well sasuke DOES set the bar really low; it doesn't take much to be a more interesting character than him. The guy is dull as dirt and feels like he distracts from the plot rather then help move it. Sarada just by having difficulties that one can sympathize with and having and a bit of mystery to her, can easily make her more interesting then her boring Papa. Frankly i do find such stories of self-discovery to make for interesting character pieces.
we're in the realm of opinion here so it seems you don't like Sasuke's character story, whereas I like most of it. I don't really see how Salada's difficulties are more identifiable/sympathetic than Sasuke's. His family was murdered by his brother and then after getting revenge, he found out his brother was more than he made out to be. I get that and can see why it would drive someone crazy. Like Artful_Dodger said, Sasuke's character was all about self discovery as well, but again, it's obviously an opinion whether you like it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Well ofcourse, the lack of an apology is only the LEAST of Sasuke's problems. It still would not fix all of his other failings as a father.
I think I come in between you and Artful_Dodger here because while I do like and understand Sasuke's character, I am also totally sick of Sharingans. However, if things had turned out like you apparently wanted and Sasuke was a great, attentive father, I feel like Sasuke haters would still be bashing him for becoming Tsundere or just something he never was and out of character. For me, I think Sasuke's aloofness makes total sense for his character. Also, apologizing isn't in his character either. I don't know why anyone would expect that.

Quote:
Sasuke earned his hate through his countless screw ups in the last series, the very LEAST he could do is STOP screwing up, but we can't get that.
I could never hate Sasuke like so many fans of the series do. If you take a step back, the things that happened to him are so awful that there really isn't an acceptable way of dealing with them. At times, he acted completely psychotic, which I thought was understandable given what had happened prior to him acting that way. Some people irl have behaved just as psycho for going through less trauma.

Quote:
I like WELL DONE stories of self-discovery. Sasuke's story started out well but it started to drag out in part 2 and then just turned to complete nonsense after he killed itachi.
how would you expect someone to react after finally getting revenge for their family's genocide and then finding out that it was all part of some village plot and his brother shouldered the burden for everyone to his ultimate death? Sasuke's insane reaction seems to be right in line to me.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote