View Single Post
Old 2015-05-02, 02:59   Link #78
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Italians were, up until a certain point, part of the Axis powers, so one of their ships getting added isn't that far stretched.
Prince of Wales might be a possibility too as the dates where she was launched and completed are relatively close.

And as I stated in the game thread already: We know that the abyssals are a global problem so having a foreign country's entire Navy in Japan would be strange.

You can argue it out for Germany since they are in the EU, though if you want to be creative.

I personally hope they'll add an allied ship, that would finally shut all those 'axis game'- comments up.
You make it sounds more like Axis games afterall. You are aware IJN risked their Kongou class cruisers to trash Henderson Airfield. IJN even armed their sailors. In case Kongou was sunk, their sailors will land and join JPN army. Kongou took down one airfield, but they didn't realize there was another airfield. During another battles, IJN learned their opponents can quickly patch the airfield by using bulldozers. Besides, Italian navy stayed in their ports most of time. During their night battle with British navy, Italian cruisers were wipeout. Due to British navy's radar, Italian navy was totally defenseless. So, Italian were more into special force operation on the sea.

Even with the primitive radar system, IJN still defeated Britain's Far East Fleet. So, they didn't see Britain as the major threat. British navy didn't see IJN as major threat either. British navy's prime force are in North Sea. Price of Wales was a symbolic parade of their presence. To sink Bismarck, Britain sent out all its top ships. One of them is their Flag Ship, George. The risk of losing George would shake the pride of British navy(as sunk of Yamato to IJN). Maybe not for Yamato druing her final mission, IJN only ordered for one way fuel. IJN figured out nothing could get worse.

Why they made Kan Colle? I think typical Japanese historical fans have better impression on Japanese navy and army. The food in Japanese navy was better than their army counterpart. On Yamato, they have ice cream making machine, soda making machine, air conditioner and chef from the best restaurants.

You are welcome to correct me if you have the different naval historical facts.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote