View Single Post
Old 2015-03-30, 21:40   Link #6
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The main issue with Kancolle is "where the perfect balance is achieved".

Which characters, aside from the MC Fubuki, needs their own moments?
How often must the show make in-game references?
How much CG and how much 2D animation must be allotted to the scenes?
Where should the show be serious and where should the show add its comedic moments?

To me, it was the the subpar handling of those four factors that undermined the overall quality of the show. Still, it remains to be one of my personal best for this season, though. Although the plot had some issues, at least it worked, and it didn't go beyond what it can handle. I have to wonder what Season 2 will give us: a better storyline, or a bigger headache to manage?

I hope Diomedéa learned a lesson about handling multiple anime projects this year. This and their other productions reveal that they still can't be relied on when it comes to taking big loads and they should just stay with a few shows a year like before.

Enjoyment Score: 9 Pois over 10.
Actual Score: 7.8 Pois over 10.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote