View Single Post
Old 2015-03-30, 20:28   Link #5
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Right, let's try to be fair, though throughout the season my impression of it has been very terrible.

+ OST felt like it was out of a classic movie with a lot of budget for orchestrals. Not that it's bad... in fact I can be impressed with it...
- ... if not for something else: I felt it's also wasted on the anime.
・No comment on character design, but they do have some interesting choices for... swimsuits. That Yamato's bikini is particularly eye-catching despite how I dislike the anime.
- Guess I'm not the lone guy in complaining about the Admiral's "presence." Everytime they talk to, or about him, I always go "Who or what the hell are you girls talking to/about? There's no one there! You guys sure you're not being brainwashed into thinking he exists or something?" Add to the fact that a certain idol series is airing this season and it managed to catch my attention despite being more ill-versed in its universe compared to Kancolle, it speaks volumes.
- I was never a proponent of yuri. Even without it, they made Ooi even more grating than the last time I actually tried to transcribe her hourlies for the wikia (I gave up around her 4~6AM lines. ) The Fubuki/Mutsuki segment irks me. The Nagamutsu at the end irks me. ... Anymore than this and I'll just be writing a personal rant. I'll stop here and give room to those who like it to praise it instead .
- They can't seem to decide on what they want to be. Serious? SOL? Or just being a series where the main appeal is cutesy anthropomorphized warships and nothing else?
- Some characters are reduced to plain mob characters. A little bit more than that and they basically become broken records, not going to be surprised if they actually took some audio from the game to cut on the seiyuu budgets... I'm joking here so please. Moving on, higher up and... wow, even the game has more characterization than the anime did. Kongou is so-so, but her sisters... Oh OK whatever.

And to sum it up...

Since I had way too many impressions leaning on the negative, I'll mark this as a 4/10. One of these points is for the anime even being made.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote