View Single Post
Old 2015-03-25, 18:27   Link #40
Academus

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
And thats why we needed the Teitoku.
We need a scriptwriter who actually played the game and not too creative by half. I don't want you to rub your original storyline in my face every 30 seconds, especially when your plot is neither novel nor good. I'll go so far as to say Kancolle anime doesn't need a plot. The scriptwriters need to stop pretending that they got a serious story to tell, because it is very obvious by now that they are incapable of pulling it off. The show would benefit immensely if the Kisaragi siniking plot were dropped entirely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Did you really wanted the anime to resemble the gameplay of the game more than it did? They trying to do that was a negative point for me. I see that as the reasoning behind bad choices like the Teitoku being there but not appearing.
My point is less about literal resemblance eg a faceless figure sitting behind a desk, and more about resemblance of the logic within the game. I don't want to see a Teitoku that sits there and do nothing. Imagine youself as a Teitoku inside the game. You will be there to oversee equipment development, and the result depends on the recipe you use; you will be there to welcome your fleets home, then resupply and repair them; you are fully responsible for any ship lost, or put it in the other way, you are fully capable of making sure not a single ship sinks. What you do ingame decides what you get out of it. Compare that with what we see in the anime. His existence and disappearance doesn't matter at all. His action, if there's any, doesn't affect outcome in the same way your action would affect the outcome in game. That's what I mean by dissonance: the character they want to me to invest in and immerse in, doesn't to things that I would have done, nor produced the results that I would expect.

Last edited by Academus; 2015-03-25 at 18:53.
Academus is offline   Reply With Quote