View Single Post
Old 2015-03-25, 16:10   Link #29
chaosprophet

I like the idea of more to the anime although I hope they improve in some of the problems I see with first season:

*Focus on a smaller cast and/or have more episodes if they want a bigger cast.
*Have a more serious tone, at least in the part that is supposed to be so, like the battles.
*Less fanservice for the gamers and more establishing their own story, explaining things about the universe for example.
*Either have the admiral be an actual characters or take him out.

This last point can be problematic as it would be strange if they had him appear out of nowhere, but then the next animation could happen in a different base where some of the girls from season 1 got transferred to (in case they don't want to focus on completely new characters).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
I can see the reason why they don't have admiral is simply because the want to have better girl on girl dynamic. Adding admiral probably going to make that relationship complicated.
In that case, rather than having an admiral, they could have Nagato to be the commander instead (which for the anime watchers she actually was for a good part of the season). But having the admiral being off screen but with Kongou and other girls talking about him often, the last few episodes strategy being all about his plans, it just don't work, in my opinion.

Last edited by chaosprophet; 2015-03-25 at 17:37.
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote